Friday, December 24, 2010

I even confuse the Doctors...sigh*

Ever since My Husband went for Appendix removal Surgery last Spring I get worried everytime I get a little cramp. I know it's paranoia but I happen to be special so you never really know what the heck might be wrong with me. I spent Monday morning beside the toilet having stuff come out of both ends. I'll spare everyone the details because I already vividly explained to my best friend what happened because I was paying her back from her puking TMI endeavor. But anyways because I was having such a party beside my toilet I probably pulled a few intestinal muscles. I really did a number on my body. I have hardly any muscles and fat to begin with so I wrecked havoc using my poor muscles.
           Yesterday Morning I woke up with pains. But it was odd, I only had cramps when I stood or walked. I could sit fine, move around fine, lay down any way but when I got up it hurt. I was whimpering from point A to Point B. My Husband was concerned and thought that I should go to the emergency room. So I lied and said it was going away. It didn't. I felt fine sitting but felt like crap standing. Then everyone on Facebook (Why do I listen to these "Experts"?) told me all these Appendix horror stories so I decided I should go spend some time in Emerge. So the Hubby came home from work, we callled an ambulance and off we went. I probably could have gotten a ride, however, $45 is worth paying to not sit in the waiting room. Ambulance ride =instant access to room. It's a room with just a curtain but who cares? It has a bed!
              I got my blood taken, I peed in a cup, I chilled out for 4 hours while they tested my blood. Everything came back fine. And the Doctor was stumpped. It confused him that I only had cramps in the entire abdomen (Front to back) when I stood or walked. Tylenol took the pain away. It wasn't gas because it would have gone away within a few hours. And I tried everything to make sure it wasn't just gas. He made note to admit me instantly if I do happen to return with more pain. It could be the appendix just slightly acting up or it might just be a very strange abdominal muscle injury. But I had them confused. I still have no clue what was wrong with me but it's gone now. My muscles do feel strange so I'm assuming they are repairing from Monday's potty party still.
            But hey, what a great way to spend Festivus (The 23rd of December...a Seinfeld made holiday lol). I got to relax for a few hours, I got to go for an ambulance ride :D I'd say it was an okay day.

No comments:

Post a Comment