Wednesday, December 1, 2010

well I didn't see this one coming...

            Welcome December 1st! Take a look at the picture above. Please note that the little Red dot is where I live. Also note that green indicates rain and blue indicates snow. It was supposed to rain today...all day with the possibility of mixed precipitation. I went out in the morning knowing it was going to rain all day. On the way home it began to snow. I thought nothing of it...until I looked at the radar (Picture above).
             This actually makes me a little giddy even though I hate snow because I'm the only person in the household who ends up shovelling the driveway. I finally get to blog about my favorite topic! The weather. The weather interests me. I like to look at it in a scientific sence. My Husband and I love to observe the weather. We talk about the weather. We have no life and we are Canadian so thus we are overly obsessed about weather. Kind of like everyone else in our little town because there's nothing better to chat about. So Seeing a system that was not expected at all makes me happy inside. Because theres nothing better to complete my day than to bash The Weather Network (Those idiots who clearly can not predict weather systems worth crap as they are indicating that we are still getting rain)
 Because the above picture is just an illusion! It sure is raining out there. Enough that I can build a snowman. The radar tells the truth, the snowman tells the truth and yet the Weather Network still has not figured out that it's SNOWING in Peterborough Ontario. They say we may get wet snow. Now "wet" snow is a snow mixture with a bit of rain, it tends to come down in the form of snow but doesn't stay on the ground. What we actually got was Heavy snow! It's snowing alot, it's packing snow so people can make snowballs easily AND it stays on the ground so you can build forts and snowmen! It's also Heavy! Not fun to shovel and is certainly causing people alot of shock right now.
           So far 5cm have fallen. Not a big deal, this isn't a Snowmageddon or anything. Really to me it's a light dusting of snow. I used to live in the Maritimes so I have no excuse to complain about a mere light dusting when they consider 20cm a light dusting (Go to New Brunswick in March, thats when they get plastered). But I have every right to vent about the fact that it's obviously NOT raining out there anymore and the weather network is stupid.
        
              


Now that I'm done venting about the weather network I must add that the snow is pretty. My daughter will be overjoyed on her walk home today after school, and this snow gets me in the mood for christmas. Must get those damn lights up so I can joyfully turn them on :D It's December 1st! 25 more days until I have to endure screaming kids. I used to be one of those giddy kids and now Karma is getting me for annoying my family all those years... Well time to go get the munchkin and play in the snow when we get home! :D Oh and make plans to go crazy on Christmas day just for the heck of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment