Friday, January 21, 2011

The Bottom of the barrel

           I am admitting for once in my life that we need help. As much as I disagree with Welfare, it looks like we're applying for it. Nick's $1000 a month doesn't cut it. For the third time this month his hours at work were slashed. He works at Tim Horton's (even though he's over qualified for a crap job like that...but I have a strong feeling he's there for the free coffee) and because we are in the middle of nowhere they are not busy until March. What happenes March? Roll Up The Rim to Win of course! Where all canadians flock to Timmies just to buy coffee so they can win more free coffee! After March the cottagers start coming up and that little Tim Horton's is understaffed. Nick can kiss any hopes of getting a long weekend off in the summer. But for now...we're BROKE!
          So here we are looking at options. And Welfare looks pretty nice right about now. Even if we only get $200 a month that will help. I'm unemployed until April (Again because my workplace won't be busy until the vacationers arrive) and we're running out of options. The Hydro bill is $500 for a single month thanks to our base board heaters. We still haven't paid our Gas bill from 2009  either and the chain saw broke five times so we can't cut up the wood to heat our house. We're so broke we will likely have to head out for the first time in our lives to the food bank ><
            So my adventure starts next week when we go apply...if they say no at least we have an option to pay the Hydro through charity. Right now I feel like I'm a charity. Any Birthday money I get next week is going to bills. I look at the calandar and count down the days...knowing damn well everytime I say "It's going to be better...it's going to be better" it will just be the same struggle on a different day. We've been scraping that barrel for 3 years now. I'm sure it will continue.
           Things of course looked much brighter when a friend dropped off some food today. You know, I might be scrapping my barrel bottom but I am so grateful for my awesome friends and family. I'm so happy for the stuff I have because I have alot more than most people. Treasure isn't what you have on this Earth anyway. Yes I'm at the bottom of my barrel and guess what? I'm Still Happy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment