Thursday, October 14, 2010

One step backwards 10 steps forward!

                                By selling a store which I own and downgrading to part time work I sort of feel I am taking a step backwards. I have a strong feeling the local grocery store will hire me so I guess it's back to Grocery clerk/cashier for me. But I realized this really isn't a bad thing. To most people It would but because im overly possitive all the time I compiled a list of reasons why working at Foodland is not a bad thing.

I am actually going to make more money. I admit I tanked my business big time. I own a Bulk food store and due to the fact my kid came to work with me and I was constantly out of stock, people just stopped supporting us. I take all the blame...wait I should blame my husband too but I'm too nice. I made no profit in 2010 so we decided to get the heck out before we end up in a big hole. So I sold the store for dirt cheap and the money Im getting for it totally gets us debt free. We can not go in debt for at least the next 5 years as nobody is stupid enough to issue me another credit card. Thats a good thing.

I hang out at foodland anyway. Sad but true. Theres nowhere else in my hick town to chill out and socialize with the many people I enjoy chatting with. Everyone does it too, they need a place to sit down in there that would be awesome. I usually end up in the grocery store for an hour (only if I dont have my kid with me) and I chat it up with just about anyone.

I get to hear all the town gossip. Because everyone has a big mouth at the grocery store.

My friends work there...wait that might not be a good thing...but it is for me!

I have already worked there. I got paid in coffee and my husband sorta voluntold me to stick around but I know my way around the place. Nick no longer works there he works fulltime at a more epic location known as Tim Hortons. I have a feeling he loves his job too much even if he can do so much better...its just that the free coffee has him enslaved. (The Tim Hortons is located in the next town over and its an hour walk from my house)

After 3 months I get a 10% discount on food. SWEET!

Most customers are friendly. The cottagers not so much but apparently I can be sarcastic with them as they don't shop there very often anyways. This is much better than the days I worked at Food Basics in Whitby ont. 75% of the customers were jerks and the co workers were tools...especially the dairy manager...

The annoying people I can not stand in this town can no longer bother me. As I will actually be busy! They can bug me for 5 minutes tops which is so much better than the hour they spend at my Bulk food store.

I still have access to all my suppliers from my old job (My bulk food store) because why the heck would I pay a 100% markup on candy? So I get candy and other stuff cheap. I knew there was a reason we randomly bought a Bulk food store. It was meant to be!

And lastly the extreamely hot paramedic shops at food land. Not that I'd make a move, I am married. But it was my husband who informed me there was indeed a cute paramedic who works in our area. Yes it is sad he noticed before me but Nick knows my taste LOL. It's all fun! Plus Im pretty sure Sexy paramedic knows I like staring at him...RAWR!

No comments:

Post a Comment