Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Prayer

I was in grade 10, I was for the most part a loner. I had friends just not at my school. Every time I went home for Lunch I noticed this boy in my grade. He had Orange hair, a gawd aweful plaid jacket and he looked just pittiful. I knew who he was, he was the class loser. Nobody seemed to like him. Here I was feeling a bit sorry for him. So because I'm so thoughtful, I prayed for this weird kid. I asked God to find him a wonderful Girl, someone who's just like him and would make him very happy. I looked forward to seeing this pitiful kid succeed.
                Low and behold I end up with this kid in my class the next year. Who goes and befriends him? Me. Because thats what I do, I target those who are lonely...because I guess I just knew the feeling of being lonely. I kinda hit it off with this kid. By the time I knew it I was hanging out with his group of friends and I was actually socialized! I mean, for once I actually ate in the cafeteria!
                 Then came the day where I got asked out. But I was too cool for him! I coulodn't date the biggest loser in my school! Everyone would laugh at me! I hated being judged! He didnt care and I just envied him for his care free attitude. I was so worried to be mocked. But eventually I said yes...
               Oh I got made fun of alright. We broke up multiple times. But he was oh so persistent! And I could not seem to go a day without him. Two weeks into our relationship he told me that we'd get married. I laughed in his face. Come on I was only 17! Marriage? Was he serious? Yep! He told me he had a dream where God informed him he was going to marry me...I laughed hysterically! He was such hard work, I was getting tired of telling him how to dress and act. I was in control and sick of it.
                But I was only able to whip him for a year...I'm not very controlling I'm just mouthy. I can't make up my mind if my life depended on it! I needed direction. And he provided it. And damn he was right we did get married! At the age of 20 we got married. I prayed that this kid would find his soul mate and apparently his soul mate was ME! I said a silly little prayer and it came true. We met in natural Disasters class...the best class I ever had in Highschool.
                 Are people laughing now? No. Because theres one thing about "losers" and its that most succeed in life. Nick is a hard worker, he provided a home (we own our house...okay the bank owns us but still we own it!) he's a very good father, he is capable of controlling the dog (I am not she kicks my butt) and he's currently making Calla Lilly flowers out of gum paste for our friend's wedding cake. I married a freak, but so did he. All thanks to a simple little prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment